Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy list #2


Snow hikes with Luna girl | Luna sleeping for two days straight | Being accepted into the USU Graphic Design Program | Breaking Bad marathon with babe | Playing Oh Heck! with Steve and Car | G-ma and how she only eats hot chocolate and mac n' cheese | Going to Carly's ultrasound | The disco ball Em got for Christmas | Planning a spring break trip to Seattle | Getting a graphic design job on campus | Borscht and rye bread | Sledding and how Luna obsessively chases every sledder down the hill | Cafe Rio night with Ben and Erika | Jerimiah always blaming Luna when he toots | Cooking classes at Natural Grocers | New friends at church | Jer spelling his name wrong | Luna freaking out at road cones | When Jer called me Melissa and how hard we laughed after | Kayla workouts with my sisters | Scattergories with my mother-in-law | Flashing Lights by Kanye West | Looking through old polaroids | Our New Years Eve dance party | New slippers | Whenever we leave the house Luna jumps on the couch and watches us through the window | Getting to sleep next to Jerimiah every night | 14 new pairs of socks in my stocking |

Funny things people said: 
I was feeling experimental this Thanksgiving and wanted to make a new dish for the great feast. So I wanted to make a coconut butternut squash soup. I had no idea how tradition-based my family is until I offered this idea and it was swiftly shot down. 
Me: "Why can we have 12 different yam dishes and no butternut squash?"
Emily, practically yelling: "I love freaking yaaaaams!"
Sidenote: I absolutely made the soup. And I'm also the only one who ate it.

Melanie, stroking a butternut squash: "this is my body."

Apparently my mom is allergic to the hot chocolate at Starbucks (hahaha). She had some face swelling going on after drinking it. Anyway my mom was telling us all about it, then my dad chimes in with: "I should've taken a picture of it. It was scaaaary."

While talking politics with my MIL she casually dropped this mid conversation: "Saddam Insane" (rather than Saddam Hussein). Still not sure if it was intentional or not but either way hilarious and adorable.

Jer really loves NutterButters, but we don't get them very often because $$$. The NutterButter bites were on sale for a dollar so I convinced him to "treat yo self" and get them. After eating a few, this happened.
Jerimiah: "They just taste different." 
Me: "Be postive."
Jerimiah: "OK. I'm positive they taste different."

1 comment:

  1. OMG the best! Jer calling you Melissa, lol. My body, lol. Yaaaaaams, lol.

    ReplyDelete