Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hope u r having a v merry Christmas!

What we've been up to: We spent two days with my family before coming out to Roosevelt. Those two days were filled with football, food, and Star Wars. All of this was v good and I recommend it all. Breezing through the boring because I know by the time my grandchildren are reading this humans will be smart enough to not play football because of concussions and as awesome as the new Star Wars is, it will probably look to them like the old Star Wars looks to me. Hello holograms! My parents spoiled us with a new stereo system in our car so the road trip out to RSVLT (just started that, RSVLT is now a thing k) was full of Kanye West, Borns, and icy roads but we made it. We are spending Christmas day 2015 out here, and it's no Mexico (last year) but it's been a perfect winter wonderland. Snow out the ying-yang! We haven't been out here since last Thanksgiving and the longer I'm here the worse I feel about that. It feels so good to be surrounded by my Lamb family. Bonding over food and board games.

Now we can get to the important stuff. I know everyone reading this is dying to know what it's like to be me so let me lay it out for you. How to be Alyssa 101: feel too much and obsess over all the detailz. 

Details. Exhibit A) We are staying with my mother-in-law who still lives in the house that she raised her family in, and I can't stop thinking about little Jerimiah running around naked because apparently as a child he had a tendency to do that. At this point in his life, Jerimiah has spent more time in this house than anywhere else in his life. Isn't that cool!? Rn I am sitting in the living room that Jerimiah watched Days of Our Lives in with his mom. And last night we slept in the bedroom that he stayed in for 19 years. It's mind boggling to think about all the experiences he's had inside this house, and just the history of this home in general. I love the thought that someday we will have been together longer than we ever were apart. These are the types of things that I think about on the reg. Welcome.

Feelz. Exhibit B) The fact that I cried in Home Alone because of the scene at the end when the old man reunited with his granddaughter. Also the time Jer and I were reading an article out of the Friend for FHE and I couldn't even get through the first paragraph because the son in the story didn't visit his elderly mother on Christmas. And how I cry pretty much every time I say bye to Gma. Or the way I don't love The Price is Right because I feel overly bad for people who lose. Last night I teared-up over some texts from my sister, and how rn I still have a pit in my stomach from watching that commercial about homeless pets for 4 seconds too long. Let's not forget the fact that these have all occurred within the last week. Happy tears, sad tears, I don't discriminate. Most of the time I hate my hypersensitivity but I am sllllllooooooowlllllllllly working on not letting it hold me back so much. Maybe even someday I will learn to embrace it, but for now it's a conversational crowd pleaser because who doesn't love hearing stories about people more pathetic than you?

2 comments:

  1. Love your writing. Feel like I get to know your heart better with each post. What could be better than that? Thanks for the sentimental trip and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's the whole point of having this blog so that's a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete