Friday, November 20, 2015

I'M FIGURING IT OUT OKAY

Pit stop for pitas, Baklava in Baker, fries before we dies, and other dumb rhymes.

I never thought I'd be the type of person who regularly listens to Taylor Swift or drives across three states to wait in a stand-by line to go to a One Direction concert but that's the kind of thing that rejection will do to you. I've been working towards a specific goal for the past two years and it all came to a screeching halt four days ago, so. Obviously the rational reaction was to do the aforementioned.  I'm discovering a new zest for life whilst listening 1D's Olivia and a T-swift inspired empowerment attitude. 

This road trip was a unique one to have at this phase in my life. I can't remember the last time I got to hang out with my brother sans spouses and it felt so good; not many people get me like he does. Screaming the wrong lyrics to One Direction with my baby sister was very therapeutic. Watching my mom herd her grown children around california reminded me how much I love and depend on her. And the way little sis #2 values my opinion gives me more confidence than almost anything else. If I'm being honest a trip like this probably won't ever happen again. I'm so so happy I took advantage of it. Plus the amount of excitement I got from Luna and Jerimiah when I got back would have made the entire trip worth it. #loved

So now I'm concerning myself with slightly less important things like straightening my hair for the first time in months, watching any and all renovation shows, giving Luna belly tickles that will make me her favorite, and contemplating about whether or not I should clip my nails. Summer is over so that means no more rock climbing. In Logan we don't have a climbing gym so all the rock climbing we do, we do outside. Now that it's cold our fingers get a break and my nails are allowed to grow. And they have! Beautifully! I even rounded them out and splurged on some shellac. Cue conflict: USU just opened a brand new gym, including a climbing wall. I tried a bouldering route this morning and only got about 12 inches off the floor before my nails made ugly contact with the wall that made me want to saw my hands off and everyone around me hard-core shudder. So now you understand my problem. Big things are happening, people.

     Dear Posterity,
     Rejection stinks but don't take it out on your husband (or anyone else). 
     It doesn't mean you're not good enough, so instead use that energy to
     improve and confide in people you trust. You might learn a thing or two.
     But more importantly, sometimes running away for a second is exactly 
     what you should do. 
     Love, honey

    
Sister sleep-over
3 nights was too long       


1 comment:

  1. The best. That trip was so fun & so worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete