Monday, November 30, 2015

For breakfast I had Oreos and peanut butter

An old pic for an old post
Yet still somehow rationalized going out to eat twice today. Last night Jerimiah and I had to change the sheets at 3 a.m. because I was sweating so much, and the lunch I packed for him had two celery sticks and a tortilla. A girl on the bus told me that I look like Dakota Fanning the same day one of my professors told me I look like Rihanna, and someone told my husband he looks like Hilary Swank. Siri made a loud appearance today during my yoga session, and I accidentally talked through my three hour drawing class. I currently have three canker-sores from finishing an entire package of sour Icebreakers I bought yesterday, and I have 6 packets of Cholula hot sauce in my bag right now. I have four lamps without shades or bulbs, and two of the three flower arrangements in our apartment are dead. There's a 2 ton tv in the middle of our bite-size kitchen, a standing closet in our living room, and pinata hanging in the doorway. There are only 5 outlets in this place, two of which are in the ceiling. And our bed is 4 feet off the ground. I rarely have pants on past six o'clock, I wear my husband's deodorant because I like the smell of his better than mine, and to top it off, my husband recently nicknamed me his "little dirty feet". Probably because I don't have one pair of ankle socks that doesn't have a hole in it. TMI?

       Dear posterity,
       ...
       Love, honey

***OLD! I found this in my millions of drafts. Dated 10/15/2013. It's old and a bit outdated (thank goodness) but I'm posting it now because memories. Also, lolololol.  People, this was so real our first few months of marriage. Which makes me think about how far we come which makes me, again, feel dumb about my pity party post a couple back. Progression is real! I guess this is why they say to write in a journal? A great reminder to see how far you've come. Working on it.***

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Great memories. I love you more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I get Rihanna all the time too, we must be sisters;)

    ReplyDelete